Standard 8

Educators contribute to the profession in many ways. Reflecting on Standard 8 prompts me to consider my own teaching practices and professional growth. One aspect of this standard that stands out is the expectation that educators actively contribute to the broader educational community. This contribution can take many forms, from mentoring new teachers to participating in professional organizations, presenting at conferences, or engaging in collaborative research. Such active involvement not only benefits the individual educator but also enriches the profession as a whole. Standard 8 involves welcoming and supporting incoming Bachelor of Education students, as seen in the photo below. Reflecting on this standard, I am reminded of the importance of my role as an educator not only within my classroom but also within the broader educational landscape. It challenges me to seek opportunities to share my knowledge and experience with other educators, to continually strive for improvement in my teaching practices, and to remain open to new ideas and innovations in the field of education.